Operations Data Analyst
IT, Operations, Data Science
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Passport is reinventing cross-border e-commerce logistics as the modern international shipping carrier of choice for eCommerce (customers include Bombas, Native, Ritual, Seed.com). By combining our proprietary asset light network along with technology and customer support, we ensure that consumers around the world receive their packages without the hassle and pain that is typically associated with international shipping.
We’re a growing, ambitious team looking to upend the trillion-dollar international parcel shipping industry through a world-class experience. At Passport, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants in the world and think strategically on how to add value to their international business. See this TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/2TKQ4eO) article to understand why brands love us.
As Passport’s logistics grow increasingly complex, the Daily Operations team is integral in ensuring successful delivery and overseeing all the moving pieces – from pickups at our 3PL partners to final mile delivery and everything in between.
The data team is committed to helping team members and improving systems across the organization to drive better decision making. We provide information and decision support to teams, discover insights and democratize knowledge, and track performance and progress of company products.
The Operations Business Analyst role is an individual contributor position working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders throughout the organization. This role will report into the daily operations team while regularly collaborating with the data team. The ideal candidate is someone who is self-driven, hungry to learn and thrives in a high-growth organization.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and maintain in-house tools & dashboards to support the Passport operations team.
- Manipulate large data sets and perform various types of analyses ie. descriptive, prescriptive, inferential, causal, exploratory analyses, etc.
- Investigate and explain operational trends, multivariable analyses of causal relationships, organize and present data to drive operational decision-making.
- Document and maintain internal knowledge base articles and resources.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of business analytics experience, including using, building, and maintaining data visualization software dashboards (Snowflake, Tableau, PowerBI, Knowi, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in SQL (you will need to write complex and optimized SQL queries)
- 1+ years experience using statistical analyses to drive business decisions
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics, etc.) preferred but not required
- Logistics and/or operations experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Excel functions
- Ability to work independently, exercise critical thinking, and communicate complex problems and recommendations clearly and concisely to different audiences
- Ability to foster great teamwork and motivate those around youExcellent verbal and written communication skills
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Travel & Expenses funds for company events
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Flexible PTO
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ’n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual team offsites
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!
See more open positions at Passport
Something looks off?