Technical Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Passport is reinventing cross-border e-commerce logistics as the modern international shipping carrier of choice for eCommerce (customers include Bombas, Native, Ritual, Seed.com). By combining our proprietary asset light network along with technology and customer support, we ensure that consumers around the world receive their packages without the hassle and pain that is typically associated with international shipping.
We’re a growing, ambitious team looking to upend the trillion-dollar international parcel shipping industry through a world-class experience. At Passport, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants in the world and think strategically on how to add value to their international business. See this TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/2TKQ4eO) article to understand why brands love us.
About the you and the role:
We are searching for a Solutions Engineer aka Technical Support Engineer who is a clear communicator, is an experienced problem solver, has a technical background, and is excited to be the part of a small and growing company. This is a remote friendly position!
Our day to day involves problem solving API integration issues, communicating with internal teams and external brands, querying a database using SQL, submitting pull requests through Github to update code (written in Typescript), and balancing project work which involves building personal scripts and international tooling (Slack Bot) to help reduce repetitive or manual tasks.
To you, it’s about improving the overall customer experience, helping our customers succeed, and collaborating closely with the customer success and engineering team.
One of our Values is “You are an owner”. We’re growing quickly, and there are gaps to fill and skills to develop along the way. If you want a job with a clearly defined role and monthly consistency, we’re not the right fit.
This role is a full time position.
Location: Latin America (Argentina, Peru, Chile) Remote
- Collaborate alongside our Customer Facing teams to serve as the front line, go-to resource for all customers’ technical needs and issues
- Troubleshoot with e-commerce brands to resolve technical integration issues that occur across the customer lifecycle: from the onboarding of a customer to account maintenance and growth.
- Code internal tools and scripts to help reduce repetitive tasks or to build a proof of concept with a new API.
- Document and maintain internal knowledge base articles on Notion.
- Become an expert on the Passport services while learning about the world of international shipping.
- Understand our customers’ pain points and identify trends, collaborating with product and engineering to outline solutions for our core engineering team to implement.
- Last but not least, make it your mission to create an exceptional Passport experience for our customers.
You have many of the following:
- 1-2+ years experience working in technical account management, technical support, api integration engineer, or solutions engineering
- Proficient with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Google Sheets
- Comfortable with significant customer interaction and strong interest in building relationships
- Empathy and the ability to take initiative on doing the right thing for the customer
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things, even if it’s outside of your daily responsibilities
- Ability to understand and communicate complex problems clearly and concisely to different audiences (Executives, Marketers, Engineers, Sales, Customer Success, etc.)
- Accountability - You take ownership of your work, the answers you provide to others, and learn from your mistakes
- Resourcefulness - You might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them or provide a workaround
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Travel & Expenses funds for company events
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Flexible PTO
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ’n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual team offsites
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!
See more open positions at Passport
Something looks off?