Senior Analytics Engineer
About the Team
Analytics Platform is on a mission to democratize learning by building systems that enable company-wide analytics and experimentation. By implementing sufficient instrumentation, designing intuitive data models, and building batch/streaming pipelines, we will allow for deep and scalable investigation and optimization of the business. By developing self-serve tools, we will empower executives, PMs, Marketing leadership & marketing managers to understand company performance at a glance and uncover insights to support decision making. Finally, by building capabilities such as forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, we will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
- Drive direct business impact with executive-level visibility
- Design technical architecture and implement components from the ground up as we transition to event-based analytics
- Work on the unique challenge of joining a variety of online and offline data sets, not just big data
- Learn and grow Data Science and Data Analytics skills (we sit in the same org!)
- Opportunity to grow into a Tech Lead/Manager, and mentor junior team members as we quickly grow the team
- Partner with infrastructure and product engineers to instrument our backend services and end-to-end user journeys to create visibility for the rest of the business
- Design, develop and monitor scalable and cost-efficient data pipelines and build out new integrations with third-party tools
- Work with data analysts and data scientists to design our data models as inputs to metrics and machine learning models
- Establish the best practices for data engineering
- Assess build vs buy tradeoffs for components in our company-wide analytics platform, which will inform decision-making for executives, PMs and Ops, etc.
- Opportunity to be founding member of the Data Engineer team based out of IN. Will have the autonomy to help shape the vision, influence roadmap and establish best practices for the team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong SQL skills
- 6+ years of experience working with event instrumentation, data pipelines, and data warehouses, preferably acting as a data architect in a previous role
- Proficiency with systems design and data modeling
- Fluency with workflow management tools, like Airflow or dbt
- Experience with modern data warehouses, like Snowflake or BigQuery
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, and Looker
- Familiarity with programming skills, preferably in Python
- Familiarity with software design principles, including test-driven development
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.
More About Us
Something looks off?