Senior Software Engineer, TaxProper
About the Team
Each local government independently designs, administers, and collects what, in aggregate, is the largest single source of revenue for American local governments – property taxes. The result is a patchwork of more than 20,000 unique property tax regimes — a regulatory and compliance nightmare for institutional real estate operators and enterprises with large real estate footprints.
We built TaxProper to solve this problem. The enterprise team builds products that help institutional and enterprise customers manage their property taxes. Our product abstracts away all of the messiness of our property tax system for our customers. As a member of the enterprise team, you’ll help build our property tax data product and property tax payments product.
- Architect and build career-defining ground up complex platforms
- Own and drive all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Participate and guide the team's technical strategies, vision, decisions and architecture
- Influence the technology and architectural roadmap of the organization
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Experience with API/data and B2B SaaS products
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
Bonus Points if:
- Previous startup experience
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $164,000 - $253,000yr, and in California and New York City is $164,000 - $253,000yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
More About Us
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
Opendoor Values Openness
Something looks off?