E-commerce Backend Tech Lead
We are looking for an E-commerce Backend Tech Lead to own our Web team and be responsible for creating Lumen's next-generation website.
As our tech lead, you will get full ownership of the backend development, and be responsible for the Web/E-commerce technologies and infrastructure boosting the company's website engagement, conversion rates, retention, and user growth.
Our ideal candidate has a real passion for making a positive change in the world for technology and customers, has great communication skills, and loves to constantly improve themselves, our working practices, and our code base.
You will collaborate with product managers, designers, and scientists in a successful growing startup and work with the most advanced technologies to maximize our visitors and subscription members’ experience.
- End-to-end ownership (from design to deployment) of new components, prototypes, services, and new features
- Collaborate with leaders from data, product, marketing, design, and engineering to shape the web application and infuse innovation
- Hire, train and lead the Web team, enhancing collaboration and technical training
- Integrate tools for monitoring/alerts to manage customers and their experience
- Use A/B test methods to optimize flows, conversion rates, and user experience
- Maintain a state-of-the-art understanding of the website and platform capabilities
- Oversee deployments and new releases
- Implement best practices and coding standards
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years experience in web server-side development (PHP/Laravel - advantage)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in full-stack web development
- Design, implement, and maintain systems with an emphasis on performance, user experience, and scale as we serve a high amount of users monthly
- Solid experience developing large applications in a team environment
- Previous experience with popular web frameworks (Laravel/Spring/Angular etc.)
- Solid experience building, maintaining, and using RESTful APIs serving web pages and components
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with cloud environments (preferred AWS), CI/CD processes, and virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with test automation (unit, functional, E2E, etc.)
- Knowledge of headless APIs, composable commerce services (Shopify/Recharge/Paypal/Stripe, etc.), commerce tools (Shopify/Woo-commerce, etc.) - big advantage
- Solid understanding of User Attribution/tracking and User Analytics - advantage
Something looks off?