Team Lead, Agile Coaches - Execution Excellence
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Agile Coaches Group has a mission to foster the Agile culture in our organization and help build happy and high- performing teams working at a sustainable pace.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Team Lead who is passionate about providing the Agile Coaches with the tools, resources, and strategy they need to excel with the goal to improve both the happiness and performance of the Arene developer teams.
You will report to the Department Head of Arene Execution Excellence, and this role is hybrid - 3 days in the office per week.
- Act as a servant leader for a team of Agile Coaches - defining strategy, vision, and mission, and providing the team with the necessary guidance and resources to excel for their professional success
- Represent the group of Agile Coaches towards the Engineering teams, aligning scope, support, and expectations
- Work with your client groups and the Arene organization to agree on the scope of the required support and develop the strategy for supporting individual teams and the Scrum of Scrums on Arene level
- Manage the harmonization of Scrum/Agile practices and approaches across Arene teams to support Arene-level coordination
- 7+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach with teams and working on an organizational level
- Experience with mentoring and people management
- A firm mindset of servant leadership, supporting your team to be successful and developing their technical and behavioral skills
- Knowledge of Agile values, related frameworks, methodologies and practices
- English fluency
NICE TO HAVES
- Japanese fluency
- Cross-organizational layer experience in continuous improvement activities as an Agile coach
- Experience working with a group of Agile Coaches to solve organizational challenges
- Knowledge of modern software development practices and tools
- Experience in the automotive industry
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: https://woven.toyota/en/careers/privacy-policy
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?