Workplace Operations Program Manager, Workplace Operations
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Workplace Operations team offers the working environment and services that provide a concept of agile and empiricism to meet our company's objectives; we strive to create a platform where our company and employees can grow and thrive together. To support the hybrid work approach in our company effectively, the Workplace Operations team takes an assessment between the office usages and the business requirements as a trusted professional advisor from a real estate and facilities perspective.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Head of Workplace Operations, Japan, will assure the employees of Woven by Toyota across our sites are enabled to do their best work in a safe, healthy, inclusive space they will love coming to work in. Reporting to the Global Head of Workplace Operations (based in Tokyo), you will lead a multi-site facilities strategy for Japan, providing consistency and direction to your teams, vendors, and partners.
- Work with Workplace Operations team globally to implement real estate related initiatives.
- Manage global real estate portfolio data included with the utilization and update the data in a timely basis.
- Ability to review & understand lease terms of each lease globally.
- Support Global Head of Workplace Operations to develop global real estate and workplace strategy.
- Benchmark OpEx and CapEx data in each site globally, assess and analyze the cost data against the market benchmark, and make recommendation to the Global Head.
- Work with Facilities Managers to provide the analytical data so that they can negotiate with the landlords and vendors effectively.
- Work with relevant internal functions to drive creating workplace design strategy.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in Real Estate, Facilities, Construction, and Project Management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration experience with multiple internal functions.
- Strong analytical skills are preferred.
- Experience negotiating with and managing subcontractors, vendors, landlords, property managers, etc.
- Strong comfort with a high-growth company, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams.
- Graduate degree in Real Estate, Operations, Finance, or MBA would be a plus.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver outcomes in the agile business environment.
- Experience developing and managing facilities management budgets.
- Excellent financial, contract management, purchasing and leadership skills.
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?