Virtual Power Plant development, Engineer, Energy Aggregation System
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. It is envisioned as 'A Living Laboratory' and 'Ever Evolving City', incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. At the same time, it is also 'Human-Centered,' that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable. Our mission is to guide every single business and service of Woven City to most effectively and passionately move forward towards each operation phase of the ever-evolving city.
The Toyota Woven City contains 10+ key strategic focus areas and Energy is one of these areas to be covered. We are envisaging to empower people through providing a safe and convenient Energy service and realize "Human-Centered" experience for everyone.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for Virtual Power Plant (VPP) engineers with a passion about developing and operating the city scale CO2 free electric power aggregation system used in daily life in Woven City. We expect you to lead towards the goals of the project with technical work experience and deep knowledge of VPP regulations , energy equipment, energy management and demand response mechanism,etc. It is also expected that consensus building with other teams will be formed as necessary. This position is reported to the development manager as a development team leader.
- Responsible for the engineer of the VPP development team.
- Responsible for proceeding VPP software development including test, and evaluation as software connecting between City Energy management system (CEMS) and energy equipment.
- Achieve the goals set for quality, process, cost and function.
- Resolve issues and revise plans with the building equipment owner department and departments directly related to VPP development.
- Plan project schedules and division of duties in collaboration with departments, third parties, and vendors directly involved in VPP development.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a software engineer for VPP development.
- Experience in creating, reviewing technical documents such as function specifications and Interface specifications
- Experience in system testing with EMS at VPP system installation sites
- Proficiency in Japanese reading and writing skill and a passion to develop English skill.
- Experience in Scrum Master (Certified Scrum master)
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of standards, laws and regulations about energy system and communication systems
- Experience as an energy infrastructure demonstration project manager
- Experience and knowledge in the quality control process such as ISO 9000 family.
- スクラムマスター経験者（Certified Scrum master)
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?