Tech Lead, Developer Productivity
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The mission of the Enterprise Technology Engineering team (EnTec) is to increase productivity and accelerate delivery of software and services for both Woven by Toyota and the larger Toyota organization as a whole. We do this by building and integrating best of breed cutting-edge technologies to help engineering teams go faster, safer. By providing modern, agile and transparent services to our customers, we aim to realize Woven by Toyota's vision of "Mobility to Love, Safety to Live."
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Automotive software development requires extensive collaboration, and those collaborations give us interesting challenges, such as software development resource control, access provisioning, administration and auditing. In EnTec Engineering, we are building software solutions to automate the processes for those challenges and improve the productivity of software developers.
We are looking for a team leader who obsesses about the developer experience and how to continually improve it. This involves navigating build vs buy decisions, allocating team resources where it matters most to invest in future velocity through automation and integrations. You are passionate about building high performance teams, data-driven decision making and providing clear direction through SMART OKRs.
- Analyze problems, transforming business requirements into testable, maintainable, high-quality code with associated documentation
- Understand developers needs and productivity blockers with empathy, devising and implementing solutions to make them more productive
- Develop build tools for a variety of development languages
- Understand developer workflows and build systems to improve build times
- Conduct code and architecture reviews
- Create test harnesses, tools to perform load testing and incremental release tooling
- Drive and influence the technical direction of platform engineering
- Mentor your coworkers to improve collective knowledge and drive best practices
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant field such as computer science, math, or equivalent practical experience in software development
- 5 years of professional experience dealing with modern software development
- Experience delivering services to internal/external customers
- Excellent skills in one of the widely used CI/CD technologies such as GitHub Actions, ArgoCD
- Excellent skills in one of the widely used build and test tools such as Bazel
- Excellent programming skills in one of the widely used programming languages such as Python, Go, Rust
- Understanding of software architecture patterns such as cloud native, microservices
- Passionate about automation, scalability and removing friction from software delivery
- Business level English fluency
- Open-source contributor
- Experience in closely working with business software development team and improving the business teams work efficiency
- Experience in building CI/CD pipeline blueprints for multiple platforms, such as k8s, helm, docker, pypi, maven.
- Experience with embedded systems and toolchains
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?