Solutions Architect, Arene Professional Services
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Software Development Platform Team’s mission is to simplify software development and increase developer agility by creating tools and processes which enable novel uses of vehicles without compromising safety.
Arene Professional Services is a sub-team of Software Development Platform and exists to transform jobs, train organizations, customize software products, develop a customer helpdesk function, and prepare others for software implementation.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a seasoned professional with experience in Systems Engineering who loves working in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment. The successful candidate is highly motivated to develop an Arene Professional Services organization which will enable transformation of OEM partners in development of specialists in next generation E/E Platform Development and Implementation to Mass Production Vehicles.
- Build an Arene Professional Services organization that helps OEM groups execute on developing next generation E/E Platform Software
- Focus on software improvement teams which directly contribute to software implementation work, such as addressing issues found through static / dynamic analysis, adopting new tools, following standards, etc.
- Assist and train OEM employees in jobs transformation on existing key roles such as System Engineering
- Help define software definition and execution tracking through Arene tooling applied on all “V Model”
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Estimates effort, resources required, documents implementation tasks, work breakdown structures, and risks associated to proposed solutions
- Minimum 10 years software development experience in automotive, technology, aerospace, or related industries
- Proven success in Agile Software Implementation
- Experience developing and implementing products to mass-production applying the “V Model.”
- Proven ability to lead and advance software teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex technical details logically, build relationships, and influence
- English Business-level Proficiency
- Extensive experience in the automotive industry
- Understanding of Toyota’s Organization and Cultural Practices
- Proven success launching products in a global market
- Japanese Business-level Proficiency
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?