Software Engineer in Test, Arene
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Arene's vision is to enable the most programmable vehicles on the planet. The Software Quality & Test team ensures Arene software products meet a high-quality standard through rigorous testing and verification activities. The team is composed of system engineers and software engineers in test. This diverse team collaborates with global partners to define test processes, review software designs for testability, and support overall verification and validation activities. Building safe and secure software tools and platforms for next-generation Toyota vehicles requires the Arene Systems Engineering team applies engineering expertise to ensure delivery of safe and secure software products. The Arene organization is growing and we are establishing an engineering center in Ann Arbor, MI to strengthen our global team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for software engineers who are excited to help build a state-of-the-art automotive platform that is "software first". We envision Arene will change the way vehicles are made. You will have experience with software quality and the know-how to create comprehensive software test strategies. The ability to work collaboratively to automate testing of complex software systems is necessary . This is a hybrid role reporting to Senior Software Manager located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Collaborate with software teams to build automated test frameworks and systems which meet the requirements of the quality and testing activities across Arene and our users.
- Create test suites which provide coverage for regression and qualification plans
- Work closely with software developers, system engineers, and product owners to ensure complete coverage and traceability of the Arene products.
- Strong programming skills in Python or related language
- 5+ years of experience developing tests and scripts for use in automated test environments
- Skilled and passionate about software testing (unit, functional, closed-box, open-box, integration, acceptance) as well as building regression & qualification test suites
- Experience developing software and/or hardware systems for automated test environments (SIL, HIL), including simulation and emulation
- Experience with embedded software for robotics, automotive, or related industries
- Experience testing software used in a safety-critical domain such as automotive, aerospace, defense, robotics, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining software systems using modern build and CI infrastructure (Bazel, Jenkins, Github/Gitlab, Buildkite)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration techniques to improve automation of software development activities
- Knowledge or experience with safety (ISO 26262, ISO 21448, IEC 61508) and/or security (ISO 21434) standards.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work and to help you shape the future of mobility.
・Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
・A rewarding 401k program
・Flexible vacation policy
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?