Senior System Engineer, Vehicle Platform
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Arene's vision is to enable the most programmable vehicles on the planet. The Arene Systems Engineering team drives the definition of the software systems needed to deliver this vision. The team collaborates with global partners to define requirements, conduct analyses, and create architectures for software components and interfaces used in next-generation Toyota vehicles. Engaged throughout the software development lifecycle, the Arene Systems Engineering team applies engineering expertise to ensure delivery of safe and secure software products. The Arene organization is growing and we are establishing an engineering center in Ann Arbor, MI to strengthen our global team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for Systems Engineers who are excited to help build a state-of-the-art automotive platform that is "software first". We envision Arene will change the way vehicles are made. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and a pragmatic approach to applying system engineering principles to modern software development practices. The ability to understand and distill complex customer requirements into testable and verifiable specifications is essential.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create detailed definitions of Arene products, including requirements and interface specifications
- Develop system and software architecture for embedded systems
- Drive and support the development of software design specifications including state machines, sequence diagrams, and related design artifacts.
- Perform detailed analysis of software systems (FMEA, DFA)
- Work closely with safety and security teams to ensure a robust product
- Experience creating detailed system and software-level requirements for complex products
- Experience with MBSE and associated tools for creating and documenting system and software architectures (SysML, UML)
- Strong understanding of hazard analysis methods (STPA, FTA, FMEA, DFA)
- Proficient with requirements management tools (DOORS, Jama, Codebeamer)
- Software development experience (automotive preferred), including development of detailed software specifications
- Experience in automotive, medical devices, aerospace, defense or similar safety-focused industry
- Experience with or knowledge of software process & quality models (e.g., ASPICE, CMMI, ISO 25000)
- Experience with or knowledge of safety (ISO 26262, ISO 21448, IEC 61508) and security (ISO 21434) standards.
- Experience leading software projects and/or small teams
- Experience with embedded software for robotics, automotive, or related industries
- Experience creating test, verification, or validation plans and methods
- Knowledge or experience with interfaces and protocols used in automotive or related embedded systems (CAN, Ethernet, SERDES)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?