Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Vehicle Platform
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Arene's vision is to enable the most programmable vehicles on the planet. The Vehicle Platform team develops and delivers the next generation in-vehicle software platform that can host applications ranging from automated driving to in-cabin experiences. The team collaborates with global partners to design, implement, and test processes and procedures, review software designs for testability, and support overall verification and validation activities. Building safe and secure software tools and platforms for next-generation Toyota vehicles requires the Arene Systems Engineering team applies engineering expertise to ensure delivery of safe and secure software products. The Arene organization is growing and we are establishing an engineering center in Ann Arbor, MI to strengthen our global team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for seasoned Embedded Software Engineers who are excited to help build a state-of-the-art automotive platform that is "software first". We envision Arene will change the way vehicles are made. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building safe and secure embedded systems using modern software engineering practices. We need software engineers who excel at building robust software systems to solve challenging problems at scale.
- Develop and deliver operating system and middleware components targeted for in-vehicle hardware
- Design and implement new software APIs and SDKs to support the requirements of Arene customers
- Design and implement abstraction layers to enable hardware-agnostic software platforms
- Define and follow best practices for Arene platform and application development
- Experience developing software systems in a safety-critical domain such as automotive, aerospace/defense, robotics, etc.
- Strong software engineering skills with experience using modern C++
- Experience delivering software for automotive or similar systems
- Experience with embedded systems and resource-constrained computing environments
- Expertise with a wide range of computing architectures (SoC, MCU, CPU)
- Knowledge and experience with RTOS and/or POSIX/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with interfaces and protocols used in embedded systems (SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, PCIe, MIPI)
- Experience leading software projects and/or small teams
- Knowledge of Bazel and modern CI systems
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Experience with hardware/software co-design, and electronics design activities
- Experience with safety (ISO 26262, ISO 21448, IEC 61508) and security (ISO 21434) standards
- Experience with kernel and/or device driver development
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?