Security Engineer, Vehicle Software
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Vehicle Security team is working on the next generation of software for Toyota vehicles. Located in Woven by Toyota’s Tokyo office, the team develops, builds, and secures on-vehicle components.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Modern cars are an IoT device running complex, safety-critical software. Yet, their architecture has remained unchanged for decades.
What if we have an opportunity to redesign it with a software-first approach for all future Toyota cars and build an open software ecosystem with an abstraction layer so developers across the world can build software and services for autonomy, mobility, user experience and the connectivity of vehicles and physical infrastructure, with modern software tooling?
The Woven by Toyota Security team is looking for product security engineers who will work on the new vehicle architecture and the software ecosystem. You will analyze system architecture, operating systems, networks and applications from a security perspective.
You will discover security issues and recommend solutions. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
You will report to the Head of Vehicle Security, and this role’s workplace type is onsite - you will work in the office 5 days a week.
- Help ensure Woven by Toyota’s products are implemented to a high security standard
- Assist development teams in architecting and securing the new vehicle systems and the software ecosystem platform
- Evaluate SoC vendor technologies and lead requirements on CPU, GPU, and interconnect technologies
- Assist the evaluation of operating systems for embedded systems
- Audit embedded code to identify security vulnerabilities
- Identify security risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Develop security features, tools and infrastructure
- Provide security training and facilitate secure development practices across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing or application security
- 2+ years of application security experience
- Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following area:
- Security engineering
- System and network security
- Authentication and security protocols
- Application security
- Programming language (C/C++)
- Hardware security
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Vehicle penetration testing experience.
- Knowledge or experience of secure Agile development practices advanced.
- Experience with automotive security (CAN, OTA, Autosar, SILS / HILS, RTOS, QNX, AGL, and equivalent)
- Experience with embedded system security
- Understanding of vehicle security and functional safety standards
- Japanese skills
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?