Robot Application, Software Engineer, Robotics
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Woven by Toyota Robotics Group was newly established in 2020. Our focus is to create core competencies in the next-generation robotics business. Actually the Toyota Woven City project which was announced in 2020 is one of the big test cases where our developed robotics capabilities and applications will contribute for a better life. To make it happen, we seek talents to take on challenges together. We have two mission statements:
1. To extend capabilities of robots through R&D based on the long-term perspective
2. To develop services through PoC (proof of concept) using developed core robotics technologies
Our core members have been involved in developing humanoid robots or mobile manipulation robot “HSR” at Toyota Motor Corporation for several years. We have many mid-career members and people who have work experiences overseas. We aim to cultivate a new culture and be open-minded. We also work closely with Toyota Research Institute in the USA to share and accelerate each other’s technologies.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This position will apply our core robotics software to prototyped robots for PoC (Proof of Concept) of Toyota Woven City project. You will be expected to develop logistics applications with robots which are the first trial services in the Toyota Woven City. Working closely with our business development specialists and hardware engineers to try logistics applications on robots is a big part of this role. We also expect you to utilize simulation to accelerate the development.
- Develop logistics application on robots using our core robotics software (navigation, manipulation and perception) to test the service in the Toyota Woven City
- Verify the functionality of the applications both on simulation and real robots
- Design / implement interfaces to connect the backend web service system
- Optimize robot system (computers, sensors) to consider functionality and cost
- Plan field tests with robot operations engineers
- Educational Background - MS or higher in computer science or related fields
- Software development experience in C++ and Python
- Experiences in robot application development both on simulator and real robots
- Business-level English skills
- Experiences in ROS(1 or 2)
- Contributions to open source projects
- Knowledge and experiences in following fields:
- - Robot application development using existing libraries or frameworks for navigation, manipulation and perception
- - Applying machine learning to real-world problems
- - Building computer graphic assets for simulation
- - IoT system development Basic knowledge of UX
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?