Project Management, Manager, Energy Aggregation System
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. It is envisioned as ‘A Living Laboratory’ and ‘Ever Evolving City’, incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. At the same time, it is also ‘Human-Centered,’ that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable. Our mission is to guide every single business and service of Woven City to most effectively and passionately move forward towards each operation phase of the ever-evolving city.
The Toyota Woven City contains 10+ key strategic focus areas and Energy is one of these areas to be covered. We are envisaging to empower people through providing a safe and convenient Energy service and realize “Human-Centered” experience for everyone.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an energy management system (EMS) project manager with a passion about project promotion for the Woven City energy management system. With hands-on experiences and deep knowledge about project management of building energy systems for services. You are expected to lead the team members to the project goals. You are also expected to propose changes to the plan and build consensus. This position will report to the energy business domain lead.
- Manage the largest energy system projects ever
- Achieve defined goals for the quality, process, cost, and function of Woven City's energy system
- Propose revisions to the project plan to the decision makers to achieve the QCD goals and build consensus
- Resolve various issues, organize scopes, and revise plans with the various service providers and energy facility owners of the city until the energy system is ready
- Plan the project schedule and work breakdown through collaboration with cross-functional teams, various service project owners and third parties
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience as a project manager for projects more than one-digit billion yen and two or more project managements
- Experience and knowledge in creating and managing schedule, organization tree, scope of work, risk assessment, punch out list and quality control
- Experience in building systems through collaboration with stakeholders and relevant divisions
- Proficiency in business level Japanese and English (able to conduct technical discussions and create documentations)
- Certified Scrum master
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of standards, laws and regulations about energy system and communication systems
- Experience in project management based on PMBOK
- Experience and knowledge in the quality control process such as ISO 9000 family
- Certified Scrum master
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?