Program Manager, City-wide Testing Strategy
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. Envisioned as a ‘living laboratory’, the Woven City will serve as a home to full-time residents and researchers who will be able to test and develop technologies such as robotics, personal mobility, smart homes and artificial intelligence in a real-world environment. Woven City will be ‘ever evolving’, incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. However, the freedom to innovate must also be carefully balanced with its ‘human-centric’ nature; that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable.
The Integration Architect Function leads technical cross-functional activities from the entire "Woven City" perspective. It creates policies and supports service development from functional quality and machinery safety viewpoint, and also supports non-functional requirements for the city as a test course for Mobility.
The quality sub-function takes measures to ensure both agility and quality across a wide variety of services.
We focus on the health and productivity of the development team, and monitor and/or control the running of the testing process.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The candidate should be able to take a cross-sectional view of the development team, plan and implement measures to improve the health of the development process and productivity on their own. To achieve this, we are looking for people with experience in software development, project management and the ability to communicate and negotiate with other teams.
- Create testing strategies to assure quality, and provide quality improvement measures across development teams.
- Define standards and best practices of quality control activities for multi-discipline products / services that include both hardware and software
- Support and promote quality assurance activities of all services throughout the product life cycle.
- Provide discretion to the development team, and objectively confirm the productivity and health of the development team.
- Educate development teams on a culture of continuous testing.
- Work with internal and external cross-functional partners and act as a bridge to proactively resolve issues.
- 5+ years of experience as a test engineer for large scale products and knowledge of testing methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, smoke testing, load testing, chaos testing, etc.)
- Expertise in building software on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS).
- Experience working with container technology such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Knowledge of automated testing processes of software products (e.g. DevOps, CI/CD)
- Business level English communication and reporting skills
- Experience in tools to run multiple tests and collect test results
- Experience of organizing automated tests and troubleshooting errors.
- Management skills for keeping test process on schedule
- Communication skills with developers to guide for the better testing process
- Attitude of coaching colleagues to grow together
- Leadership in process improvement for greater efficiency
- Clear and effective communication, with strong verbal and written presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key narrative and presentation styles to multiple audiences.
- Business level Japanese communication
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?