Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Software development in the automotive industry comes with unique challenges. From deploying artifacts to cloud, mobile devices, and vehicles, to meeting vehicle security certifications and navigating various types of testing and simulation, it can be overwhelming for automotive software developers. That's why the Enterprise Technology Engineering Team (EnTec) builds solutions that enhance productivity, so developers can focus on their true passion – software development – without being bogged down by setup and customization tasks.
At EnTec, our mission is to make software development for Woven by Toyota and the greater Toyota organization as a whole more productive and efficient. We use cutting-edge technologies to help engineering teams go faster, with safety as our top priority. Our modern, agile, and transparent services are designed to bring to life Woven by Toyota's vision of "Mobility to Love, Safety to Live."
Join us in driving innovation forward and making a meaningful impact in the greater mobility industry. Let's work together to create safer, more efficient mobility solutions for everyone to enjoy!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate will exhibit the personal drive, passion, innovative thinking and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company striving towards changing the concept of global mobility.
You're excellent at influencing, building trust and credibility, and you encourage and empower cross-functional teams at all levels to achieve goals without having formal authority. You have extensive experience with technology-intense programs and a particular understanding of the technology behind production.
- Define technical standards for product stability, scalability, and interoperability.
- Help build a world-class software platform for faster business value delivery.
- Drive architectural harmonization across teams to minimize duplication and rework
- Develop and improve EnTec Engineering processes
- Provide advice on platform strategy. Create tech strategy and architectural blueprints
- Drive technology evaluation and tool selection
- Monitor industry developments and propose usage of latest open-source software
- Research industry best practice sharing knowledge within the engineering organization
WHAT DO WE NEED?
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Technology, Engineering, Math, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years enterprise/cloud architecture experience
- 5+ years experiences as Software engineer with 2+ years as technical leader
- Direct experience with AWS or GCP cloud platform with exposure to container platforms such as Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, …)
- Experience in developing or providing technical architectures for software development and deployment
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to diverse audiences
- Understanding of agile and traditional software development processes
- Adaptable and progressive learner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener with the ability to manage conflict and achieve resolutions
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?