Mobile Application Developer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
You will play an important role in delivering a powerful, scalable next-generation vehicle platform for future Toyota and Lexus vehicles. This platform will comprise a new centralized electrical architecture powered by Arene, Woven by Toyota's flagship programmable automotive software system that integrates on-vehicle OS and data collection services with the cloud.
This team will deliver concept hardware and software solutions in a rapid prototyping environment. The solutions will be driven by high-quality UX research that defines end-to-end product definition for Toyota's next-generation vehicles. This concept work will produce a full-stack solution starting with the digital services, the programmable software system, and the underlying compute and electrical architecture of the vehicle.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a member of the Products and Special Programs team, you will report to the team's staff engineer. You will develop applications for a modern vehicle operating system and platform, focusing on mobile application development (Android, iOS and web) and IVI applications (Android, Flutter). This role is a hybrid role based out of our Palo Alto, CA office.
- You will design, develop and deploy software that support new sensors, hardware and UIs for vehicles
- You will develop applications and software for both mobile and vehicle platforms.
- You have strong programming skills in your primary mobile framework (such as Android, Android Automotive, iOS, React Native, Flutter) and familiarity with more than one. Our projects span multiple frameworks and environments.
- You will assist in software design and code reviews while contributing to the entire software engineering life cycle
- You will design and implement new software APIs and SDKs
- You will work closely with designers and researchers, other teams, and external partners.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in Android, iOS and/or mobile/web
- User interface design and implementation skills (animations, etc) in a professional context
- Good team player who is adept at creating presentations
- Motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs (cameras, gps, etc)
- Experience in automotive applications development (IVI)
- Experience with web, back-end development in any language
- 2D and 3D graphic design skills (UX, animation)
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work and to help you shape the future of mobility.
Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
A rewarding 401k program
Flexible vacation policy
Family planning and care benefits
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?