Machine Learning and MLOps, Engineer, Vision AI Platform
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The R&D team in Woven City Management is developing innovative products and services using technologies developed by Toyota Motor Corporation.
1. Develop services and products for Woven City
2. Expand capabilities through long-term R&D
Toyota Motor Corporation has been involved in a variety of technological development such as robotics and energy technologies, as well as automobile technologies. Toyota is already particularly strong in hardware and we will create additional value by developing new software on top of it.
As a first-party developer, we are not only developing innovative services essential to the city, but also a foundation upon which third-party partners can participate in using our applications, core basic software, and capabilities.
Our team consists of many mid-career members with international work experience. We strive to be open-minded as we cultivate a new culture. We work closely with Toyota Motor Corporation, Toyota Research Institute in North America, and Toyota Motor Europe to develop technologies and products. Our team consists of many members who are from foreign countries. We provide a global work environment.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking for talented Machine Learning engineers and MLOps Engineers to join us to take on challenges in creating new AI products and services on a large-scale streaming image data platform on the Cloud.
Our day-to-day tasks include technical R&D, proof-of-conept (POC), system design, infrastructure design, system integration for model inference, building service pipelines, etc. Skills in modern software development and solid experiences in developing real-time systems are essential.
- Research, develop, and demonstrate POC for building AI services and platforms.
- Work throughout machine learning products/services integration pipeline i.e. model inference, service integration, service testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Build and optimize MLOps pipeline from data curation to automatic model deployment.Improve system architecture and infrastructure on Cloud for high-performance and scalable platform.
- Develop user interface or visualize the perception results (object, person, pose, etc.) into 2D/3D space.
- Experience in Machine Learning products/services development – familiar with Machine Learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Python programming, Computer Vision libraries, model serving, service testing, model deployment, service monitoring, and maintenance.
- Experience in system architecture and infrastructure design on Cloud i.e. AWS services, EKS, EC2, AWS Storage, Network, etc.
- Experience in building Machine Learning pipeline on KubeFlow, Management Services such as Amazon SageMaker, etc.
- Experience in developing large-scale service with streaming image data.
- Experience in micro-service design and implementation on a large-scale platform.
- Experience in MLOps tools: Kubetctl, aws client, Lens, etc.
- CI/CD experience using GITHub Actions
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?