Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Legal & IP team belongs to Woven Planet Holdings and is responsible for compliance with the law and the regulations and protection of development results with intellectual property rights for all Woven Planet Group companies. We support to accelerate development through consultation for collaboration with other companies, e.g. contract. The challenge of our team is to contribute faster and more efficient combinations between the wisdoms of inside and outside Woven Planet Group.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an IP specialist who is passionate about implementing improvements in our patent portfolio based on the patent strategy! Let's work to realize a bright future with the technology produced by Woven Planet Group from IP perspective!
- Advancement of patent portfolio such as obtaining patents, conducting third party’s patent clearance activity etc, with an accurate understanding of intellectual property strategies that take into account R&D strategies and business strategies, especially for Woven Alpha’s software R&D, e.g. Arene and AMP (Automated Mapping Platform).
- Patent search and analysis vital for patent activity.
- Obtain patents for computer- / software- / AI- related inventions according to the IP strategy on the relevant R&D theme.
- Extensive experience of practices of drafting claims for a patent application through discussion with a patent attorney and an inventor based on the software-related invention.
- Proven experience in determining how to respond to the Office Action in JP and US.
- Expert knowledge about patent prosecution practices in JP and US, especially on computer-related / software-implemented inventions. e.g. Manual of Patent Examining Procedure and important cases (court decisions) such as Alice.
- Fundamental knowledge about IP landscape and patent strategy.
- Proficient in verbal/written English and Japanese.
- Understanding the outline of the proceedings in US patent litigation.
- Basic comprehension about technical contract, e.g. NDA, Joint Development Agreement etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?