IoT Engineering, Software Engineer, Inventor Tools
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. It is envisioned as a 'living laboratory' and 'ever evolving,' incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. At the same time, it is also 'human-centric,' that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable.
Woven City's R&D team will develop innovative products and services using technologies developed by Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to:
1. Develop services and products for Woven City
2. Expand capabilities through long-term R&D
Toyota Motor Corporation has been involved in a variety of technological development in the robotics, energy, and automotive domains for a long time.
Our team will leverage Toyota's hardware expertise in these fields to create new value by developing software on top of this. Our team will develop innovative services that are essential to the city. As a first party developer, we will also build a foundation upon which third party partners can participate. Therefore, we are responsible for not just the applications but also the core software and capabilities.
Our team consists of many highly experienced members with international work experience. We strive to be open minded as we create a new culture with members from various backgrounds and nationalities. Our global team works closely with the Toyota Motor Corporation and the Toyota Research Institute in North America to develop our technologies and products.
We are seeking talented people to join us as we take on new challenges to create new products and services for the Toyota Woven City.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
At Woven City, we want to provide an environment where inventors can create as many inventions as possible to make a better and colorful world. We know that a good invention is not just an idea, but is created with a lot of proof and improvement.
We want Woven City to be the best test course in the world for Inventors. We want to create a city where inventors can prove, improve, and launch a variety of new products the fastest in the world. To do that, we need a lot of state-of-the-art data acquisition tools to support those trials.
We are looking for engineers who are excited to develop cutting-edge IoT devices and related software as inventor tools. The inventor tools provide a variety of functions for inventors to start and improve their inventions in Woven City. This will require a strong partnership with other developer teams, working across all products and features.
- Own almost all of the processes of software DevOps
- Exercise technical judgments in working with cross-functional teams
- Build and manage the software development team
- Directing and managing each step of the system development process and release deliverables
- Coordinate with partner companies and device companies on system design, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field
- 3+ year work experience of product software development (requirement design, risk management, cost management, coordinating scope, identifying dependencies, management of daily development, architecture design, coding, testing, CI/CD and documentation)
- Proficiency in TCP (communication, data collection and device control), HTTP(s)
- Professional skills and knowledge in design, coding and testing for C, C++, C#, RUST or language suitable for embedded software on Windows and Linux
- Experience and knowledge in using various development and testing tools for efficient DevOps (Git, GitHub, CI/CD tools, Jira, AWS or GCP or MS Azure)
- Proficiency in Business-level English
- Experience of developing IoT system, embedded software development for IoT product devices and device drivers
- Practical experience as a SCRUM master
- Experience and knowledge of HTML, XML, SOAP, Web API(REST), gRPC, Kafka, MQTT
- Experience of UDP(communication, data collection and device control), RTP (image / sound data streaming), RS-232C, RS-422A, RS-485, etc…
- Experience and knowledge of database(SQL) and schema design
- Experience and knowledge of DevOps on cloud services (AWS, GCP, MS Azure)
- Experience of system design and development using Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in Business-level Japanese
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?