Embedded for IoT Devices, Senior Software Engineer, Logistics Service
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
The Toyota Woven City is a fully connected ecosystem powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be built at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan. It is envisioned as a 'living laboratory' and 'ever evolving,' incorporating various types of cutting edge technologies. At the same time, it is also 'human-centric,' that is, it is expected to keep people safe and comfortable.
Woven City's R&D team will develop innovative products and services using technologies developed by Toyota Motor Corporation.
Our mission is to:
1. Develop services and products for Woven City
2. Expand capabilities through long-term R&D
Toyota Motor Corporation has been involved in a variety of technological development in robotics, energy, and automotive domains for a long time. Our team will leverage Toyota's hardware expertise in these fields to create new value by developing software on top of this.
Our team will develop innovative services that are essential to the city. As a first party developer, we will also build a foundation upon which third party partners can participate. Therefore, we are responsible for not just the applications but also the core software and capabilities.
Our team consists of many highly experienced members with international work experience. We strive to be open minded as we create a new culture with members from various backgrounds and nationalities. Our global team works closely with the Toyota Motor Corporation and the Toyota Research Institute in North America to develop our technologies and products.
We are seeking talented people to join us as we take on new challenges to create new products and services for the Toyota Woven City.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Want to work for a brand new innovative logistics project in Tokyo?
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineer to join our team of experienced developers and technical professionals. We are using cutting-edge technologies to provide the best services and solutions to this innovative city's applications and customers.
If you are a self-motivated and independent engineer who we can trust to deploy the best services that Woven by Toyota has to offer to all users, we welcome you to join and contribute to the success of the entire team and organization.
Besides technical expertise, a "Giver" attitude is highly valued in the Logistics Software Team. This involves willingness to take on ownership, think outside the box to make changes and step up for challenges. We expect you to collaborate with all members, ready to jump in and help the team with your expertise, be creative to innovative solutions, and commit to our team's continuous delivery.
Join us at Woven by Toyota and let's make history together! We are waiting for you!!
- Lead the team and support team members' growth as software engineer technically
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain embedded software of network devices (E.g. delivery posts, elevators, automatic doors and so on) for automated logistics service to power Woven City
- Exercise technical decisions while working with cross-functional teams
- Set and achieve quarterly OKRs, report the development progress
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software development experience for IoT devices, including working with version control systems and ticket systems
- 3+ years of hands-on experience to develop embedded software in C/C++ on a major embedded platform (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32, STM32 and so on)
- Strong in modular / testable design with HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) and design patterns
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and new technologies as needed
- Business-level written and spoken English
- 1+ years of professional experience with Python
- Experience to develop software on ARM and Linux
- Experience to develop software for SOTA (Software update Over The Air)
- Experience working with data communication protocols like AMQP/MQTT and message brokers like RabbitMQ
- Experience and knowledge in DevOps development methodology, including building, testing, documentation, and monitoring
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?