Computer Vision Research Engineer, Video Understanding, Vision AI (Internship)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
MAKE A BIG IMPACT TOGETHER
Are you ready to make a difference towards mobility for all? Woven by Toyota internships may be the place for you. In this internship program, you will participate in one meaningful project that impacts our future key results, and work with our colleagues as one team. Our world-class engineers will be your mentors, supporting you in order to provide you with a fruitful experience. We look forward to hearing from engineering students who have a strong passion to make people’s lives better and happier, and to create products that innovate the world through technology!
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree with an expected graduation date Dec 2023 – Mar 2025
*Must be in School
Start Date: August 1, 2023 or September 1, 2023
Internship Duration: 3 months
Timing: 3-5 days on weekdays
Salary: Hourly wage
Work Location: Nihonbashi (Head Office), Higashifuji
・The program is expected to be onsite.
・International air tickets, visa support, and temporary housing will be provided to international students.
・Temporarily housing will be provided for those students who are outside of the Tokyo region.
FINAL APPLICATION DUE
Start date: August 1, 2023
International students: April 9, 2023
Local students: May 28, 2023
Start date: September 1, 2023
International students: May 14, 2023
Local students: June 25, 2023
*Please note that the position may be closed prior to the due date. Please apply as soon as possible.
The R & D team in Woven City Management is developing innovative products and services using technologies developed by Toyota Motor Corporation.
1. Develop services and products for Woven City
2. Expand capabilities through long-term R&D
Toyota Motor Corporation has been involved in a variety of technological development such as robotics and energy technologies, as well as automobile technologies. Toyota is already particularly strong in hardware and we will create additional value by developing new software on top of it.
As a first party developer, we will not only develop innovative services essential to the city, but also a foundation upon which third party partners can participate. Not only are we developing applications but also more core basic software and capabilities.
Our team consists of many mid-career members and members with international work experience. We strive to be open minded as we cultivate a new culture. We work closely with Toyota Motor Corporation, Toyota Research Institute in North America and Toyota Motor Europe to develop technologies and products. Our team consists of many members who are from foreign countries. We provide a global work environment.
We are seeking talented interns to join us to take on new challenges on creating new products and services.
For more information about Woven City, please visit: https://www.woven-city.global/
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking highly self-motivated interns with expertise in machine learning and computer vision to join our Tokyo-based team for building next generation technology in video analysis products used in the city, e.g New tools and systems for surveillance; or human-centric service with video perception about human identification, scene understanding, and human action recognition; Real2sim environment building and relevant visualization for the identified results.
- Develop machine learning models using video streams
- Evaluation and benchmark of state-of-the-art technologies in computer vision and AI
- Develop computer vision algorithms for prototyping.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, or a similar major with an expected graduation date December 2023 – March 2025 *Must be in school
- Must be available for a 3-month on-site internship in the summer of 2023
- Have no more than 24 months of professional full-time work experience in the technology field (excluding internships, research and/or teaching assistant roles, and military experience).
- Experienced in machine learning/computer vision hands on ML frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow etc.
- Experience with software development with one or more general programming languages (Python, C++, C#)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Experience in implementing algorithms for video understanding such as 2D perception (ReID, pose, action, scene recognition), 3D perception (e,g., body reconstruction), video/image retrieval, or related fields.
- Experience in unsupervised, weakly supervised, active learning, and collaborative learning data pipeline
- Experience in processing large-scale datasets, and model acceleration.
- Experience in graph neural network, and graph data processing.
- Experience with modern development tools and cloud-based environments (GIT, Docker, Kubeflow, AWS, etc)
- Experience in publishing papers at major conferences
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
INTERNSHIP STRUCTURED WITH YOUR GROWTH IN YOUR MIND
・Meaningful Projects that contribute toward your team’s goals and have an impact on our success.
・Committed Mentors aligned for each intern for guidance and managers to support you throughout the internship.
・Structured Midpoint Evaluations that share real feedback on how you are growing both technically and professionally.
・Professional Development and Fun Events to ensure you are learning and enjoying the summer.
・Final Project Presentations that showcase your excellent work to our Woven by Toyota community.
・Our interns enjoy many benefits, perks, and housing assistance for the duration of the internship.
・As your internship wraps up, you will be considered for a return offer as a full time employee, to start when you graduate.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?