Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Software development in the automotive industry comes with unique challenges. From deploying artifacts to cloud, mobile devices, and vehicles, to meeting vehicle security certifications and navigating various types of testing and simulation, it can be overwhelming for automotive software developers. That's why the Enterprise Technology Engineering Team (EnTec) builds solutions that enhance productivity, so developers can focus on their true passion – software development – without being bogged down by setup and customization tasks.
At EnTec, our mission is to make software development for Woven by Toyota and the greater Toyota organization as a whole more productive and efficient. We use cutting-edge technologies to help engineering teams go faster, with safety as our top priority. Our modern, agile, and transparent services are designed to bring to life Woven by Toyota's vision of "Mobility to Love, Safety to Live."
Join us in driving innovation forward and making a meaningful impact in the greater mobility industry. Let's work together to create safer, more efficient mobility solutions for everyone to enjoy!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer with expertise in infrastructure and DevOps to ensure our services and infrastructure meet the highest standards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in secure technology infrastructure, automation, data-driven continuous improvement, and software development, with a customer-centric mindset.
- Architect public cloud environments for multiple engineering teams using Infrastructure-as-Code tools and best practices
- Improve code base and deployment pipeline
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement Continuous Integration pipelines
- Support engineering teams with data storage and compute performance needs
- Monitor and govern cloud infrastructure to optimize cost and propose solutions for improvement
- Maintain and upgrade infrastructure with minimal downtime
- Perform performance tuning and optimization across the CI/CD stack
- Mentor and support junior team members as needed
- Enjoy the work!
WHAT DO WE NEED?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Architecting, deploying, and operating solutions on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Architecting, deploying, and operating network solutions on public clouds
- Managing cloud environments and/or tools like GitHub Enterprise with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and CI/CD pipelines
- Analyzing requirements and designing/implementing solutions for task automation
- Strong interest in platform engineering (and/or SRE) topics such as automation, application/platform management, performance assessment, and monitoring
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Native tools/technologies, Kubernetes, containers, and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with troubleshooting and incident management
- Previous experience in an SRE or Platform Engineering role
- Experience with driving and/or working for FinOps initiatives
- Professional certifications in AWS Advanced Networking, AWS Security, DevOps, or Solution Architect (Professional level)
- Professional certifications in GCP or Azure
If you are currently located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
WHAT WE OFFER
・Competitive Salary - Based on skills and experience
・Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
・Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
・Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
・Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by the company
・Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
・In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?