Automotive Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Woven by Toyota is building mobility for a safer, happier and more sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven by Toyota develops and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on software-defined vehicles, automated driving, data-driven intelligence, security, mobility services, embedded platforms, AI, and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Its earliest offerings, which automated the simple manual task of weaving, have evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Woven by Toyota is an integral part of Toyota’s vision for the next 100 years—a world where mobility is easier, safer and more enjoyable for more people.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship and operational excellence. These complementary strengths enable us to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology at scale—optimizing for safety, advancing clean energy and elevating well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
You will play an important role on a team responsible for delivering a powerful, scalable next-generation vehicle platform for future Toyota and Lexus vehicles. This platform will comprise a new centralized electrical architecture powered by Arene, Woven by Toyota's flagship programmable automotive software system that integrates on-vehicle OS and data collection services with the cloud.
This team will deliver concept hardware and software solutions driven by high-quality UX research that defines end-to-end product definition for Toyota's next-generation vehicles. This concept work will produce a full-stack solution starting with the digital services, the programmable software system, and the underlying compute and electrical architecture of the vehicle.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a member of the Products and Special Programs team, you will report to the team's staff engineer. Your work will marry the speed and agility of Silicon Valley software development with the craftsmanship and time-tested quality of Toyota products in a rapid prototyping environment. You will develop applications for a modern vehicle operating system and platform with a focus on advanced sensors, visual displays and thoughtful software for next generation vehicles. This is a hybrid role based in Palo Alto, CA.
- You will develop applications and software for both Linux and RTOS platforms
- You will develop applications using network protocols such as TCP, Some/IP, DDS
- You will contribute to software design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- You will design and implement new software APIs and SDKs
- You will contribute to the entire software engineering life cycle
- You will work closely with designers and researchers, other teams, and external partners.
- Strong C++ programming skills, the primary language is not C
- An eye for texture detail, efficient modeling skills and vast animation experience.
- Experience with Prototyping and quick wireframe iterations, as well as layout and blocking in animation to communicate ideas.
- A roster of successfully launched projects
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-product initiatives within a company
- Experience and familiarity with UI design paradigms
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related experience
- Good team player and you can create compelling presentations
- 4+ years client-facing experience working in an automotive enterprise, AAA gaming studio, large VFX production studio, and/or digital product or high end motion graphics company.
- 3+ years of experience in product design, AAA game or feature film VFX.
- Motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Experience in automotive applications development (C++, Adaptive Autosar)
- Multi-threaded, multi-core and multi-system programming
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs (cameras, etc)
- Software development for User Interfaces (IVI, IC)
- Software development on embedded systems
- Experience with CAN, Some/IP, DDS or other frameworks such as ZeroMQ
- Experience with mobile or web back-end development in any language
- Computer vision or Machine learning experience
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: click here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
See more open positions at CARMERA
Something looks off?