Planning Manager, Consumables and Dental
Planning Manager, Consumables & Dental
Columbus/Remote - Full Time
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Planning Team is responsible for managing inventory across all BARK business lines, ensuring that the right inventory is at the right location at the right time in order to support our forecasted demand and achieve our business goals. We're obsessed with results, data, process and finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth and logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds and love dogs above all else.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
We are currently looking for a data-driven, detail oriented, dog-obsessed Planner Manager to support our rapidly growing and changing Consumables & Dental businesses. The ideal candidate for this role will be a creative problem solver, comfortable with both inventory management and forecasting, and of course, dog-obsessed. This role will help us with short and long-term inventory ordering, configuration, and placement. The right candidate will come prepared to pour through the numbers, find the anomalies, construct a story, and execute on a collaborative plan to address the company and customer needs.
- Inventory management: Develop and own the overall Inventory strategy for our Food and Dental business lines. Ensure appropriate inventory levels to achieve company goals, balance individual customer needs and broader initiatives, such as warehouse capacity and operations capabilities.
- Forecasting: Partner with cross-functional counterparts to own the forecast for future customer demand, leaning into data-driven insights to maximize sales and growth while minimizing excess inventory risk.
- Performance and profitability: Together with the Planning Director, maintain rolling inventory level forecasts and proactively communicate risks and opportunities on a monthly level.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts on operations, sales, merchandising, marketing, purchasing & logistics teams to execute business strategies, leading by influence and challenging the status quo.
- Proactively Identify needs for Ad hoc reporting
- Provide direct or indirect leadership to the planning team
- 3+ years of supply chain planning and analytics experience required
- Experience & comfort working with and analyzing large data sets.
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Familiarity with financial OR inventory OR demand modeling
- Familiarity with Subscription operations a plus
- Experience working remote, across time-zones, with internal and external partners
- Experience wearing “multiple hats” and proactive problem solving
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Extremely detail oriented
- Intermediate-to-advanced Excel/Google Sheets experience
- Lookup / IF(s)/ Filter formulas
- Multi-step formulas
- Pivot Tables
- Data cleaning & formatting
- Excellent communicator across internal teams and external teams, not afraid to push back and follow up
- Ability to pull, combine, and present data
- Manages multiple tracking systems and processes
- Process improvement-minded
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, OH. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- The base salary range for this position is $100,000 -$130,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.
Something looks off?