Jobs

Senior Software Engineer (Upshot) at Influitive
Toronto, CA
Influitive is an innovator in the marketing software space. With over $40M raised from top-tier venture capitalists including Georgian Partners, Hummer Winblad, Relay Ventures, First Round Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Lightspeed Ventures and others, Influitive helps B2B marketers mobilize their customers to become advocates for the business, influencing buyers and driving revenue growth.

The AdvocateHub SaaS platform and mobile app make it fun and exciting for advocates to participate in more customer referrals, reference calls, success stories & testimonials, online product reviews, survey responses and social sharing.This approach, called 'advocate marketing', is proven to generate higher-quality sales leads, accelerate sales opportunities and improve brand recognition.

The founding team has previously built Eloqua, a marketing automation software firm that went public and was bought by Oracle for $871M in 2012. The team is now bolstered by leaders with one or more exits under their belts.

About The Job - Senior Software Engineer (Upshot)

Our Technology:

We have a service-oriented Ruby on Rails stack, backed by PostgreSQL databases - building UIs with functional React components with Redux architecture. Our work typically involves a lot of background processing and inter-service communication using RabbitMQ and Sidekiq. We’re primarily PaaS-hosted using Cloud66, Docker and AWS.

What you’ll be doing:

As one of THE key members of the Upshot team, you’ll be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing features using up-to-date Ruby and JavaScript frameworks. Working side by side with a Product Manager, Designer and GM, you’ll be accountable for the technical direction and success of the product alongside your team.

80% of your time will be focused on software development and the other 20% on product ideation, brainstorming new features and generating creative ideas for the product roadmap, defining and measuring success as the tech lead. In this prominent role, the product’s success is contingent on the team and YOU, not only responsible for hiring new engineers but owning the decision making for both the architectural and development process.

This role has a lot going on - and self-motivation is essential since you will be playing a key role in the Upshot product. While still involved with other aspects of product management and taking our service to market, you’ll be expected to constantly improve our architecture and code-base by learning and introducing new standards and best practices.

What we’re looking for:

We’re looking for a software engineer who is looking beyond simply development, but bridging the gap between engineering, product, and business. Someone who is comfortable with a little chaos, yet craving more autonomy and ownership over their projects. This person should excel at working within smaller teams and not shy to take over responsibilities beyond programming.

For this role, we’re interested in talking to people with at least 5 years of software engineering experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or similar - someone excited about scaling systems as well as scaling teams. Ideally some experience working in a startup as well.

Why you want to work here:

Collaboration – We’re not about detailed specs, or “throw over the wall” mentality. At Influitive, every developer has the ability to have their voice heard and make an impact on the projects you’re working on. We’re passionate about collaboration, delivering and scalability.
Learning – We love learning. We have a generous training budget that includes conference passes to an event of your choice every year and/or technical training courses if you so choose. We’re committed to personal development for all our employees.
Fun – Influitive is a great place to work. We provide catered lunches 2 times a week, and are usually playing board games at lunch. We have great quarterly events. But we don’t want to live at our jobs. Work-life balance is extremely important to us, and we pride ourselves in not requiring the typical sweat-shop startup hours.
What you'll get from us:

At Influitive, you’ll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they fundamentally change the way modern marketing works. (Check out our Glassdoor page to see what this looks like in action in the words of our advocates – our employees.) In addition, you’ll get some awesome perks, such as a MacBook Air, catered lunches 2X/wk, a learning and development budget, unlimited vacation, an office gym and showers, stocked kitchen with snacks, and a comfy Influitive hoodie. We offer every full-time employee competitive compensation including performance bonuses, generous benefits from day one, and stock options in the company.


:)