As the first VP of Product at TrackR, you would have the opportunity to further develop TrackR’s category-leading market share with the freedom to own all major product roadmap decisions and implement the CEO’s vision for the company.
This opportunity is in no way about status quo. TrackR is the next significant consumer electronics area, and in essence, the new Fitbit with an even larger addressable market.
We are seeking an exceptional product leader to join the executive team at TrackR directing all efforts related to product and roadmap. This includes all related product decisions, UX decisions, roadmap prioritization, product planning, product strategy, and coordinating product releases with sales and marketing.
This individual should be an analytically driven, resourceful and creative professional who enjoys the challenge of driving the product function for a high-growth consumer business. The role requires that this executive will set the road map, goals and objectives for product to achieve desired results and retain market leadership
This is an entrepreneurial company with no bureaucracy, just forward progress and results.
The primary areas of focus are…
· Product Planning and Strategy
o Working with the CEO to coordinate product planning and strategy.
· User Experience
o Improving the user experience of the app and devices to provide a best in class experience
· Product Execution
o Coordinating with engineering, design, marketing, and sales to coordinate the execution of the product roadmap
· Product Launches
o Coordinating with the executive team, marketing, and sales to bring new products to market that dramatically effect the market
Other highlights of the position are…
· Designing best in class products
· Conducting focus groups and consumer surveys
· Conducting rigorous AB testing experiments
· Working with offshore factories on prototypes and manufacturing
· Prioritizing customer feedback into the product roadmap
· Prioritizing partner requests into the product roadmap
Immediately upon hire the VP of Product will have the following objectives…
· Inherit and implement the current product roadmap
· Build the 2017 product roadmap with the CEO
· Work with engineering and marketing on product timelines and execution
· Work to improve the app and device user experience
· You must be based in the Santa Barbara office.
· Consumer electronics experience
· This role will demand a high IQ, and the executive needs to be able to function with high performing, driven, smart people on executive team.
· Comfortable owning the number, being in the details of driving results.
Global selling experience with understanding of variations in key geographies.
Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
Experience managing and growing a high performance team
Experience developing user interfaces for mobile and web
Perks of TrackR
Downtown Santa Barbara based start-up
Flexible vacation/sick days
Medical Insurance and 401k plan
Work in the Consumer Electronics field
Office snacks and drinks
Friday team lunches, with weekly presentations from different departments
Please respond with a cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer