Since 2015, Fig hosts crowdfunding campaigns for video games, including 4 of the top 10 largest video game campaigns of 2016. Fig’s campaigns allow backers the ability to pledge for a traditional reward and also invest in a security that tracks the financial performance of the game itself, allowing backers to earn a potential return on their support. Fig is backed by top tier venture capital firms and based in San Francisco. Learn more about us at Fig.co.
Description of Role
We’re hiring our first in-house lawyer to assist us with securities law compliance and corporate matters. This is a rare opportunity for a lawyer to join an innovative startup at the forefront of new changes in securities law stemming from the JOBS Act of 2012 and the democratization of equity crowdfunding. This position is based in San Francisco.
The Corporate and Securities Counsel will principally have responsibility over these areas:
· Securities law compliance. Fig’s crowdfunding campaigns offer backers the ability to earn a return for their support. How? Through an investment in a stock tied to the financial performance of the game being crowdfunded. We issue securities with each of these campaigns that pay dividends tied to the revenues of the game, called Fig Game Shares. We also register Fig Game Shares with the SEC.
· Investment process and investor relations. Help us support our investors through the investment process, from communicating with them, answering their questions about investments, to ensuring their investments are properly processed in our online platform. You’ll also be involved with scaling our investment process and working on the investment information presented to them. You’ll be at the epicenter and have a front row seat to the innovation happening today in securities regulation.
· General business matters.As the first lawyer at Fig, you’ll have the opportunity to work on general business matters for our growing company, including negotiating license agreements with developers and employment matters.
What we’re looking for
Given this position’s responsibilities and its critical role in supporting our securities issuances, we believe these qualities would be important for success:
· JD degree and state bar admission.
· 3+ years of securities law experience at a law firm or in-house legal department, including experience drafting offering memorandums or prospectuses. Experience with SEC registration statements and SEC rules a plus.
· Experience providing practical counseling to startups or entrepreneurs with products and services offered to global consumers.
· Strong business judgment and creativity. We are innovating in a regulated environment. You’ll have to understand the ins-and-outs of how we structure our securities and our publishing deals. You might also need to adapt quickly to any changing financial or regulatory requirements, whether driven internally or externally.
· ‘Hustle’ factor. We’re a small team working on something big. This requires each of us to move quickly, be resourceful, and roll up our sleeves.
· Competitive salary and stock options
· Flexible vacation policy
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Meet and work with some of the world’s greatest game developers